This process enables you to amend the primary telephone number and email address of all pupil/student contacts and enables communication between the school and a pupil/student contact.
1. Select Tools | Housekeeping | Primary Contact Details | Contacts of Students to display the Find Students browser.
2. Search for the pupil/student whose contact(s) you wish to update to display their details on the Primary Contact Details for Contacts of Students page.
3. The Filter panel displays any search criteria selected. To change the filter, click the Browse button then repeat step 2 to achieve the correct filter.
The Student Contacts panel displays any pupil/student(s) who meet the search criteria selected, together with contact names and methods of contacting them. The InTouch Communication column enables you to indicate whether they can be contacted via SIMS InTouch.
The Action button enables you to change the sort order of the Student Contacts table and to select the fields you wish to display in the table. Highlight the cell by which you wish to sort the table, click the Action button then select Sort by this column (<Column Name>). To sort by any other column, click the Action button, select Sort by then the required field name.
To change the fields displayed in the Student Contacts table, perhaps to ensure the correct contact is selected, click the Action button, select Display then select an additional field to display. You can sort the Student Contacts table on any displayed field.
NOTE: All of the functionality provided by the Action button is also available by right-clicking a contact then selecting from the drop-down list.
4. If you are uncertain whether the contact details you are about to edit are for the correct pupil/student contact, highlight their name then click the Student button to display the Student Details page. Once you have checked that the correct pupil/student has been selected, click the Close button to return to the Primary Contact Details for Contacts of Students page. It is also possible to check whether you are about to edit the correct contact by highlighting their name then clicking the Contact button to display the Contact details page.
5. Select the contact's Priority from the drop-down list. The priority indicates the order in which contacts are alerted in the event of an accident or incident concerning the associated pupil/student.
6. Select whether you wish to enable contact via your school and a pupil/student contact by selecting Yes or No from the InTouch Communication column. Selecting Yes updates the InTouch Communication check box in the Relationship Details panel of the contact record.
7. To change the primary Telephone Number of a contact, click in the required cell then select a number from the drop-down list. Please note that telephone numbers available from the drop-down list are restricted to those assigned to the contact in the Telephones and Email Addresses panel of the Contact details page (please see Enabling Contact via SIMS InTouch on page 7). Selecting a number from the drop-down list marks it as the Primary number automatically. If the drop-down list does not display a telephone number then no number is recorded against the contact. A number can be added by selecting Add from the drop-down list to display the Add Telephone\Fax dialog.
8. Repeat step 7 to record a primary Email Address. If the drop-down list does not display an email address then no address is recorded against the contact. An address can be added by selecting Add from the drop-down list to display the Add Email dialog.
9. Once the contact details have been updated, click the Save button to save the changes.