This process enables you to amend the primary telephone number and email address of all pupil/students and enables communication between the school and the pupil/student.
1. Select Tools | Housekeeping | Primary Contact Details | Students to display the Find Students browser.
2. Search for the pupil/student whose details you wish to update to display their details on the Primary Contact Details for Students page.
3. The Filter panel displays any search criteria selected. To change the filter, click the Browse button then repeat step 2 to achieve the correct filter.
The Student panel displays any pupil/student(s) who meet the search criteria selected, together with their contact details.
The Action button enables you to change the sort order of the Student Contacts table and to select the fields you wish to display in the table. Highlight the cell by which you wish to sort the table, click the Action button then select Sort by this column (<Column Name>). To sort by any other column, click the Action button, select Sort by then the required field name.
To change the fields displayed in the Students table, perhaps to ensure the correct contact is selected, click the Action button, select Display then select an additional field to display. You can sort the Students table on any displayed field.
NOTE: All of the functionality provided by the Action button is also available by right-clicking a pupil/student then selecting from the drop-down list.
4. If you are uncertain whether the details you are about to edit are for the correct pupil/student, highlight their name then click the Student button to display the Student Details page. Once you have checked that the correct pupil/student has been selected, click the Close button to return to the Primary Contact Details for Students page.
5. To change the primary Telephone Number of a pupil/student, click in the required cell then select a number from the drop-down list. Please note that telephone numbers available from the drop-down list are restricted to those assigned to the pupil/student in the Telephones and Email Addresses panel of the Student Details page (please see Enabling Contact via SIMS InTouch on page 7). Selecting a number from the drop-down list marks it as the Primary number automatically. If the drop-down list does not display a telephone number then no number is recorded against the pupil/student. A number can be added by selecting Add from the drop-down list to display the Add Telephone\Fax dialog.
6. Repeat step 5 to record a primary Email Address. If the drop-down list does not display an email address then no address is recorded against the pupil/student. An address can be added by selecting Add from the drop-down list to display the Add Email dialog.
7. Once the contact details have been updated, click the Save button to save the changes.